Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 Nissan Altima that is showing code P2097, is…

I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Nissan Altima that is showing code P2097, is there a NTB on this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

My OBD2 reader is showing P2097 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1. That's all it shows and I did clear it and it came back on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will fix it my self but I didn't know if there was a recall or bulletin for this, not sure what the problem is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do know that the transmission started jurking like it was jumping in and out of gear at 55-70 mph

3/27/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Please give me a min to look up that code and check for any TSB's or Recalls for you. Hang on please..

The code P2097 is for a A/F sensor. The A/F Sensor ( Air Fuel Ratio ) sensor is the same thing as a 02 sensor. So you will need to have this sensor checked and replaced as needed.

There is no TSB's or Recall on the car for this code. So it's simply checking and replacing the A/f Sensor which is like a 02 sensor.

Would that cause the transmission to be jerking like its going in and out of gear between 55-70 mph?

No, that could be something else..

Is there any recalls on the transmission? Just reading online 2013 Nissan transmissions are having problems

Let me check .. Also how many miles do you have on the car?

68000

There is a TCM reprogram Recall ( PC186 recall number ) so you may want to contact your local dealer to see if this recall is open on your car and if any other open recalls are open on your vehicle.

TCM = Transmission Control Module. So this reprogram could correct any shift quality issue if software related.

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Thanks for your help.
For me to get the part i need to know up or down stream for the sensor

There is only one A/F sensor. The rear sensor is a 02 Sensor.

The part store asked if it was the upstream or downstream a/f sensor i just didnt know what to tell him

If the parts store doesn't know what a Air Fuel Ratio sensor is, then you should not be buying parts there..lol i

It's the upper 02 sensor...

Isn't this covered under the 8/80 warranty because the ECM needs reprogramed.

The Ecm is, the Catt Converter is, but sensors are normally not. But you can certainly check with your local dealer.