Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Drove me car to destination. Dropped off passenger after 3…

Drove me car to...

Drove me car to destination. Dropped off passenger after 3 minutes. Put in key gob pressed brake dashboard light up all over and hear a grinding sound coming from back of motor area

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2009 Nissan murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I left it where it was and came home. When I would try to start it and it wouldn’t start and I took the key fob out it said no key in dash and area to insert key fob kept blinking

3/27/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the key fob itself or the vehicles battery is weak.The battery needs to be checked/tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced or discharged needing to be recharged.

If it is o.k. then the key/fob will need to be tested to see if it needs to be replaced.

Usually, with a grinding type noise, this is a weak battery issue or the starter at fault but since you have the no key fob message this sounds more to me like a weak battery issue needing to be recharged or replaced.

This will need to be checked into further to then locate which is the cause and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Was the battery

That is great to hear the fault has been located.If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician