Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I miss my automatic retractable mirrors I had on my Kia

Customer Question
I miss my automatic...

I miss my automatic retractable mirrors I had on my Kia Sorrento that I traded in for my 2018 Nissan Murano Platinum. Can I have some installed?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/27/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The Does your Nissan have electric fold Mirrors?

No

If it does not have electric folding mirrors, then there is no motor in the mirror to tap into to have it fold. You would need to get after market mirrors from a higher model Murano if equip or some other type of mirro and then have a after market shop wire them up to auto fold for you to have that feature.

I realize that I have the Murano Platinum so there is no option for retractable mirrors that are electric I'll just call the Nissan dealer and see if they can help me thank you

I don't think the dealer would want to make this type of modification. But you can ask.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!