Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My nissan Sentra isn't working properly the nats light isn't…

Customer Question
Hello my nissan Sentra...

Hello my nissan Sentra isn't working properly the nats light isn't coming on at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The red blinking light on the dash

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sentra?

2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had a lock Smith come by

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

His computer wouldn't communicate

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/27/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is this a SE-R model?

sir it's a 2002 nissan Sentra ser spec v

I was going to say, only the SE-R has Nats,

So when you turn the key to the ON position, the Security light is OFF or ON?

Car is not starting correct?

Everything worked prior to removing that black box around the ign so I got a new immu now nothing's communicates 28590 c9901 took it out of a 98 maxima since I seen it had the same part number listed for my car but now the red light no longer blinks and the battery light is the only light on the dash

You can't communicate with the computer to see if there is any codes?

The Security light.. Is that ON SOLID when the key is in the ON position? or is it OFF?

Correct it says no link when u hook up a obd2 scanner

These Early 2000's Sentra's till around 2005 or 2006, all had Ecm issues. Do you have a Volt Meter?

Not coming on regardless door open key in ign or not does NOT work period

First things you always do with any issue is to check all fuses with a test light with the ignition on. Did you check all fuses?

Also do you have a Volt meter?

I do I'm pretty mechanically inclined I'm using a 2006 r4 non nats ecu with a swap harness to a 2002 engine harness everything worked before selling that immu I was thinking it was a fried ecu so I got a used ecu tried it didnt work same thing no link ..i also have a 2004 as a separate car tried the ecu in there and it worked read 0 codes so I know it's cant be the ecus
I checked most fuses I have the fuel pump and injectors fuses out since the fuel isn't hooked up right now tho

Well if you are using a Non Nats Ecm, the BCM is not going to work with that Ecm cause both the BCM and ECM share the NAT key programming.

The none Nats Ecm is for a 1.8. Which will not work properly with your 2.5 engine.

Not sure what a bcm is but I promise you with the swap harness I have its setup to work with either nats or non nats and it was working before i removed the immu and sold it
I would get all 3 lights on the dash battery oil and sea
Ses*
I'm going to disagree it's not for a 1.8 it's for a 2.5 2006 spec v

With this much of a Modification, it's hard to help. I don't know exactly what harness you installed, and what other mods you may have that is altering this vehicle. I have only factory information that will not work with this type of modification. So I am going to have to opt out and open this question up to see if any other experts can help you.

All SE-R models have a Nats system. Only the 1.8's did not have Nats.

Do not reply unless another expert replies to you.

Good luck.

thanks Jay!

i wasted 20 dollars for you to tell me what I already knew and to teach you new things ..where my pay