Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The gauges no longer work on my fx45. 2003. I just took out…

The gauges no longer...

The gauges no longer work on my fx45

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your FX45?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your FX45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just took out the cd player to have it fixed and this problem just showed up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Um no thanks

3/26/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

All the gauges on your cluster are not working? This happened after the Radio was repaired?

Thats correct

On your radio you have a Unified Meter / AC amp that is mounted above the radio. So this of course controls the cluster assembly. I would make sure that this is plugged in as one of the radio plugs have been know to be able to be switched with one of these connectors...

So that is most likely your issue. I would take the radio back out and double check the Unified Meter / Ac amp connector. That is the White box mount above the radio or below it. I forget. I know G's are above. But I am thinking FX's may below.

I may have switched plugs when I put it back in?

I have personally done this.. So I know. Yeah.. You most likely just have to switch connectors..

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Thank you!