Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought a used 2012 Nissan Murano. The navigation is not…

Customer Question
I bought a used 2012...
I bought a used 2012 Nissan Murano. The navigation is not only out of date but I can’t save my own address. Where do I begin resolving? I read above about buying cd’s to update nav but don’t think that will resolve my basic s things allowing me to add to address book. Any help is appreciated!
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/26/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The map being out of date would require a Map update. Map updates you can buy online. But we will get to that, I want to make sure the unit is works first. The Navigation issue you are having right now, I would like to perform a Master Reset and see if that returns the system back to normal operation. You can do this by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins, then connecting it. So lets try that and see if that resolves your issue with your own address not saving or allowing you to add address's to address book

Ok. We are driving car currently, so I cannot disconnect battery. I will when we return home.
I spoke wrong. I was able to save my address as home. I cannot add anything to contacts. When I go to store a destination in my address book, I go to add newAnd the only thing illuminated is previous destinations

Then lets try this when you are done driving...Then let me know..

Thx for trying to help. I haven’t had a Chance to disconnect the battery yet.

No problem. Just let me know how you make out after you have been able to do it.