Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Are you there. 08 titan. Had the vehicle about a month -

Customer Question
Hello are you...

Hello are you there

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

08 titan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Had the vehicle about a month - from 1st owner. use to start instantly , then noticed it spun a couple of times before starting. one night there was a no-start (spin but no-start). next morning it started and ran perfectly. I went to the dealer and there was no open recalls on vehicle. two weeks later I started to leave a friends house and there was a no-start. there was an odor (not hot rubber or plastic) but similar to a burned circuit board. I removed the IPDM (no odor there. Appears the IPDM is a replacement.

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Didn't try the lights, but recharged the battery. (disconnected the negative lead while recharging. Also after multiple start attempts, the security key light is on.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you know if you have any codes stored? Also when you turn the key to the ON position, is the security light ON SOLID?