Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My altima starts vibrating if i go above 40mph. This happend…

My altima starts vibrating...

My altima starts vibrating if i go above 40mph

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes. This happend today, and the check engine light turned on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Altima?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to a mechanic, and he said it would take 2 days as it was sunday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats pretty much it

3/25/2018
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by a missfire, and can be a bad spark plug or an injector, how many miles do you have on this?

130k .... the more speed i go the more it vidrates
the check engine light lit up too. The tires are new

ok, then it is most likely a bad spark plug, most parts houses will pull the codes from the computer, for free, if it has a missfire code, then I would replace all the spark plugs first as it is due, Autozone and Oreillys will pull the codes for free, as will most others,Tim

The mechanic at firestone mentioned it could be motor mount or cvt issue? Could that be also an issue??

the motor mount will not set the check engine light, so no, its not going to be a motor mount, did the mechanic pull codes from the computer??

No. They said the main guy who fixes such isse will be available tomorrow. So i dropped off the car there. He will be checking it tomorrow. I dont know much about these issues so i did not want to take any risk

ok, it should be easy for him to diagnose, the codes will tell where the fault lies, if it is a missfire, then it will tell which cylinder it is, most likely a bad spark plug, but they all should be replace if one is bad,Tim

Ok. I will let them know about this. Thanks for the help.

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH