Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My d21 hard body was sitting up for the winter months.

Customer Question
My d21 hard body...

My d21 hard body was sitting up for the winter months. During the winter months, I attempted to start the truck. The brand new battery; just 4 months old, had died. Put a new battery in the truck and it wouldn't start like it wasn't getting any gas to the throttle body. Poured gas directly in the throttle body, it started and ran until the gas ran out. New fuel pump, 2 new fuel filters and still nothing. Checked the fuel pump regulator, and there is gas going to the return port on that back to the tank. What in the world am I missing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Changed the fuel pump already

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1986 SE D21 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes sir....trying to anyway....

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It ran up until September of last year. I bought the truck as a project. Only thing that happened, one day I was driving and when I got over 2200 rpm, the engine stuttered. Other than that and now, no other mechanical issues

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 2 days by:
3/27/2018
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

are you getting power and ground to pump

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

ok so you have fuel pressure? do you have injector pulse and spark?

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

do you still require assistance or should I opt out?