Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 Altima with 43k miles. I have had 2 a/c compressors…

Customer Question
2015 Altima with 43k...

2015 Altima with 43k miles. I have had 2 a/c compressors replaced within the last 18 months and it still will not cool properly. The air is mildly cool at best and we leave it on max cool and max fan with no appreciable difference in temperature. Our 2010 ford explorer with 80k miles is cold to the touch. This has been a problem with my Ultima since purchase.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

Vents are cool at best. Just picked it up from Dealership and they said there were no other problems except the compressor that was replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

All repairs have been made by the service dept. at Trophy Nissan dealership in Mesquite Texas. It is only 68 degrees here today and they ac is not as cool as outside temp

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 4 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

n​normally what i fine on this model when you have a poor cooling condition is a problem with the condenser . the fix would be to replace it , you can conform this by just letting the a/c run and use a spray bottle to spray water onto the condenser if the temp inside the car drop replace the condenser

r u there ? do you have any more questions