Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Nissan X Terra, when start in the Morning

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Nissan X Terra , when start in the Morning white Smoke is coming and rough Idle , last Night driving uphill I had power loss and rough shaking Engine but all the Time the Water Temperature is fine no change and also the Oil pressure is fine no change ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

After the Engine is Warm it is less or almost gone , also the Power is realy good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have nothing done yet just purchased the Car , I noticed one Ignition Coil seems new , I have to do it myself because of the Costs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also there is no Cooling Liquid missing

3/25/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on when the engine is running?

it is on and on my way Home last night going uphill it started flashing , but this Morning after start it was just on not flashing
I rather read your answer because my english is not good

When it's flashing, that is a indication of a engine misfire and you could also do damage to the engine. Do you know what codes you have stored? Also how many miles are on the truck?

P0300 / P o420 / P 0303
200000 km but the Power when the car runs is very good

Have you changed the spark plugs on the truck yet?

No I have done anything yet

Spark plugs need to be changed on these trucks at 100k miles So you could be due for spark plugs causing the Multi-cylinder misfire P0300 & P0303 Cylinder 3 misfire. So I would start with that. I would also check the Catt Converter for Bank 1. That is the P0420 code. If you have had this code for a long time and ignored it, the catt converter could have come apart causing a exhaust restriction which can cause all of the codes and running issues.

what is a Cat Converter ?

That is part of the exhaust. So what that does is as the exhaust gases leave the engine, it comes out the Exhaust Manifold and goes through the Catt Converter where it takes the exhaust gases and converts them for emission regulations.

ok I understand itsthe Catalysator

So there is 02 sensors before and after the Catt Converter. So if the computer detects it's not converting exhaust gases properly it throws the Catt Converter code.

Cataliyic converter = Catt Converter

ok

But it is not recommended to be driven in this condition. So you are going to want to have these things checked for your issue.

Do I have to Tow it or can I drive careful downhill 10 KM ?

If you are not driving it far, as long as you are traveling slow speeds and the Service Engine Soon light is not flashing you can driving it. But if the light starts to flash, that is when you need to stop driving it cause you can do engine damage.

OK I will do it , Thank you Jay

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician