Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Nissan Titan S that blows white/blue smoke…

I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Nissan Titan S that blows white/blue smoke when in start up. I have replaced the PCV valves and it went away in the initial start up but eventually the smoke came back. I also changed the oil in the truck as well. It only has 71k miles. How can I fix it?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Last weekend.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have am trying to problem solve it. I changed the oil and replaced the PCV valves.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so. Thank you

3/25/2018
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Okay, those colors of smoke make a huge difference of what can be wrong. If it's blue, then it's burning oil from oil rings or valve guide seals.

If it's white, then it's coolant from a possible blown head gasket. Either way, you need to do a compression/cylinder leak down test for head gasket and a wet/dry compression check for seals or rings.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
No problem. Thank you. I will get someone to test that for me. Thank you.

You're welcome, thank you too and let me know if you have any more questions for me, just keep this link.