Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I know if I have the correct IPDM for fog\DRL? I have…

How do I know...

How do I know if I have the correct IPDM for fog\DRL? I have wiring to the light mounts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Nissan. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

That's it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year and Model Nissan is this?

I'm sorry! 2007 Frontier

Ok. So for your 2007 Nissan Frontier, the IPDM's from 2006 to hmm.. I think 2013 are all the same. They did have earlier version IPDM's which were in a White housing. They have been been updated to ones with a Black Housing. None are equip with Day Time Running lights if you are in the US. but all are pre-set for fog lights.

Okay cool. Will I need an addition switch to run the fog lights? My headlamp switch doesn't have an option for fog

If you are adding Fog lights, the only thing you would need to do is Configure the BCM to support Fog lights and change the switch

Excellent! I can do both. Thank you for your time this morning.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician