Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 since about a year, car has…

Have a 2010 Nissan...

Have a 2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 since about a year, car has been sounding kinda rough sounds like a truck. Also, I have notice, when I let go of the acceleratetor, it has a tumping sound. What can this be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried by buying this can of this special fluid and adding it to the gas, to see if it was that, the injectors, but it's still the same. Every time it sounds slightly worse. My friend said, instead of sounding like a luxury car, it sounds like a truck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No, not really a gas hog, it starts fine, I have noticed though that when I run car a little faster then stop at light, car kinda shutters slightly, then it goes away

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just that it's very aggravating. My niece said, it could be the car needed a balance done on it.

3/25/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The most common thing I would check are the engine mounts. When a engine mount breaks ( since they are rubber ) the engine could be leaning on a metal part of the mount which could cause the engine to seem louder. At the same time, this can produce a thump when accelerating, Putting into gear and so on. So I would have that checked for your issue. Your car has 3 engine mounts and 1 transmission mount. The most common one is the passenger side engine mount.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I will have that check by someone. Where can I go here in Orlando, FL. That is not a pricy place?

Any Local Repair Shop should be able to inspect these for you.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ok thank you, ***** ***** look into that

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician