Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Our 2001 nissan altima GXE cranks & then starts. after

Our 2001 nissan altima...

Our 2001 nissan altima GXE cranks & then starts. after shutting of it will not restart but cranks. mechanic changed plugs, still won't fire?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

I don't know it is in the shop & they will work on it monday. car was in driveway for months & not used.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. it is with a mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at tyhis time. could it be the key?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Are you saying this no start condition happens intermittently or are you saying that it does not start at all now?

Are there any codes in the computer?

Is the security light on or flashing?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

gas may be stale from months of not using

yes it is possible.

no call internet chat. can stale gas caus car to not fire?

yes it can.

AMEDEE
AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC
Phone call session started