Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Q 45 front struts electric actuator left off by

Customer Question
2005 Q 45 front...

2005 Q 45 front struts electric actuator left off by mechanic.. How to re-index adjusting screw and re-install actuator? Both front struts no dampening now can shock oil be changed by disassembling the strut cartridge?

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No fluid leaks, ride is so soft and undless bouncing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Nissan?

2005 Infiniti Q45

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Q45 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes have tried rotating the indexing shaft no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can I install 'non adjustable' shock cartridge

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/24/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Since parts are discontinued for these cars with active suspension, you would need to replace the struts with regular conventional struts I am afraid.

who has said regular struts

?

I don't know if they have Cartridges available for active suspension systems. You would need to get assemblies that are regular struts

I am very disappointed by your uninformative answer of 'sorry can't help you'.

I did tell you that you would need to replace the strut assemblies with after market ones. You can't get cartridges for active suspension system.

I am sorry that you were not happy with my response. But because of the vehicles age, parts are discontinued and you would need to eliminate the active suspension system and put regular struts in the car to answer your question.

Thanks Jay!

I thought you might be able to say ' the Maxima ? front struts years xxxx or something -just answering -'we no longer can help you' sucks

Trust me, If they fit, I would have said that. But the Q45 is no where near a Maxima Platform. It's a totally different Vehicle. Sorry

How many of these autos sold in U.S. 2001-2006? Just gonna abandon them ? This is why I no longer consider Infiniti a reliable make---lousy repair parts support. Might as well buy a British mess.

Like most cars moving forward that have allot of electronics in them. Once the vendor stops making parts, use parts would be the only option other wise, that is the reason car may be turned in or junked.

No idea on how many were sold. Didn't seem to be that popular of a car to me. But Infiniti decided to kill that Q45 line and focus on the other lines that were doing much better.

Do you have any more questions on this?

I was charged $28 already and your 'answers' did NOT answer my questions at all. Of course I ALREADY knew OEM replacement parts were not available. I asked specific questions and all you did was repeat 'you have to find aftermarket parts ' You did not add ANY information to this 'discussion. This is why I am unsatisfied and am seeking a complete refund.
And the suspension is not 'active suspension' at all. The 'gen 1 and 2' Q45a' did have 'active suspension (which I had 4 of and loved) tho the accumulators lost their gas--but I had a small business recharging the accumulators on them.
Why did you take my questions if you had nothing to give in exchange for my $28??? That is 'theft'. Had you been able to answer my questions about refurbishing the struts that would have bee helpful. However merely answering--parts no longer available---scrap the car--is NOT answering my questions

I will put you in for a refund.