Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Did a bad thing added DEF to diesel tank. Tank has probably…

Did a bad thing...

Did a bad thing added DEF to diesel tank. Tank has probably 20 gallons of fuel. Realized it while I was pouring no excuses just rushing. Ran in looked up on line and did not try and start...Called dealership and made appointment and will have 2016 Nissan Titan XD with Cummins towed to dealership. What am I looking at draining fuel, disposal of fuel, flushing and new filters?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No I did not start it when I realized what I was doing. I was getting to leave and went to top the def and realized my mistake while pouring almost 3/4 of a gallon into the diesel side.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I made an appointment with dealership for 730 Monday am...getting it towed. everything I have seen on line is DO NOT START.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really. Just trying to get idea of what I am facing on Monday otherwise its a long weekend.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/23/2018
eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

As you did not start it, the only thing that needs to be done is drop tank, drain it and clean it out. Filters, line, injectors, high pressure pump dont need to be replaced or flushed because you did not start it.

You need to emphasize to the dealer service department that you did not start the vehicle, otherwise they will try to sell you new injectors, filter, pressure pump when none are needed

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you
Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Thanks I expect most of this I was thinking filters and a disposal fee for bad diesel. i appreciate it I can have a decent weekend...