Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Altima and am having the same issue with an…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Altima and am having the same issue with an I-key system error and the car alarm is going off every few minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

No I haven’t

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was hoping to without having to take it in but haven’t found much info on the I-key system error online. It did this 4 or 5 days ago but then stopped so I thought it was better but tonight the alarm started going off again and even more frequently

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/23/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 3 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today
Do you have a remote start

OK CHEKC THE HOOD LATCH IF THE WIRE IS DAMAGE OR DISCONNECTED IT WILL CAUSE THIS ALOS REMOVE TEH BATTERY FROM THE REMOTE AND CHECK IT FOR SMALL WEAR SPOTS ON THE TOP OF THE BATTERY OF YOU HAVE THEM REPLACE THE BATTERY