Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No communication with scan tool, no injector pulse or spark.

No communication with scan...

No communication with scan tool, no injector pulse or spark

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2004 Maxima 3.5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only checked for codes, spark and injector pulse so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

No communication with the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The ecm has been replaced within the last year

3/22/2018
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Do you have power to the injectors and coils from the ECM relay in the IPDM?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cant find the IPDM location
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The ECM 15 a fuse was blown
The IPDM Is the fuse and relay box at the passenger side headlight
It has built-in relays in a CPU, Just looks like a standard fuse box
Was that fuse the only issue? If so let me know I’m more than happy to help you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did forget to mention that a ground was arcing just in front of that fuse block on the passenger side of the engine..I cleaned the connection and then found the blown fuse,,,it runs but i now have a cylinder misfire which i will address tomorow
Sounds good, I’m here if you need me. Just be sure to check the battery ground that connects at the transmission. It’s known to fray on these year models and cause the coils to burn up.
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great tip on the ground cable,you are spot on and I do have a bad coil as well Thanks!
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician