Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got this error "key system error see owner's manual" while…

Customer Question
I got this error...

I got this error "key system error see owner's manual" while driving and the car died.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

27000 miles and no scan tool.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2015 nissan rouge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its at the dealership. they told me it was the key fob battery connection

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car died while driving

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
3/22/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 1 month ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today
They are correct in that the key battery will cause the error message. But that will not cause the car to die while driving this is cause by something else. You may have a problem with your fuel pump or a bad sensor. They will need to scan for codes to see the reason it stalled
If you have any more question please ask if not please rate the service before you go please use the rating button on the top of the chat page as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you still need help with this issue?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician