Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P0776 error code. 6800. Altima 2014. Nothing yet, I am going…

P0776 error code Mechanic's...

P0776 error code

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

6800

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

Altima 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, I am going to try to change the transmission fluid first and see if that solve the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

3/22/2018
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. This code is indicating an issue with one of your pressure solenoids. The components are located on the valve body. Replacing the fluid may help, but more than likely, the solenoid will need to be replaced. What is the engine size of your vehicle?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
its 2.5L 4 cylinder

Thank you. Just a moment, please.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I noticed that the transmission fluid has not been changed at all. and I was wondering how much it will cost me for replacing the Solenoid.

The fluid in this vehicle is pumped in through the bottom of the transmission. You will need a fluid pump, which you can purchase from your local auto part store. Here, I am attaching the replacement information for the fluid along with code specific and vehicle specific testing for the code that you have provided.

Just a moment, please, for pricing information.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
then one more thing, my car suddenly makes a loud noise and feels like it automatically switched to a sport mode or O/D mode. it has happened 3 times so far. when i turn the motor off and then back on, it goes back to normal. so my question is does my transmission need more than replacing the solenoids? like replacing the hole transmission? or will replacing and changing the CVT fluid fix the problem? thanks

Here, I am attaching a TSB that describes certain issues for 4 cylinder valve bodys. If you have to replace the solenoid, the valve body will need to be removed, and more than likely, replaced. I am also attaching pricing information. The part pricing is not listed and you will need to contact the dealer for the latest part pricing information. The valve body part number is ***** the TSB. The labor pricing for this job is listed in hours and is determined by the hourly rate of the shop.

No, I doubt very seriously that replacing the fluid will work. It will likely be a waste of time and money. For this issue, to determine whether the valve body or the transmission should be replaced, testing will need to be done.

The testing above will be performed and if worst comes to worst, the transmission will need to be replaced. There is a campaign for a recall on these transmissions. It is not a recall, but you can check with the dealer to see if they have made it a recall yet.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
question about the recall, so i moved to another State OR and the dealership is in SD...so what do I do now? call nissan or somthing?

Yes. Nissan will be able to tell you if this issue has become a recall or not.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
sound good, Thank you for your help.

Once you give them the VIN, they will be able to see all recalls that apply to your vehicle.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
alright, I will talk to Nissan first then if they cant do anything about it then I will get the parts replaced and skip the CVT fluid change then!

Exactly. Skip the fluid replacement. Sound good.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
My questions are answered, thanks agian!

You are very welcome. Have a great night. Thank you for the rating.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician