Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2018 Nissan Rogue isn’t hearing my voice commands or

Bluetooth conversations. Seems like an...
My 2018 Nissan Rogue isn’t hearing my voice commands or Bluetooth conversations. Seems like an issue with the mic. I’ll probably end up bringing it in, but the dealership is far away and wanted to avoid wasting a day there for such a tiny issue.
3/22/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your issue

If the vehicle can not hear any of the commands you are saying, that does sound like a Mic issue. You can try a Master Reset on the vehicle. That can sometime correct issues like this. But if it doesn't, then you would need to go to the dealer.

To do a master reset, you would simply remove the negative battery cable off the battery for 15 mins. Then connect it and recheck operation. If it returns back to normal operation, then your good. If not, then it is most likely the Mic or the control unit that receives the info from the mic

But the Master Reset is the only thing you can really do on your own with out going to the dealer.

Ok. Giving that a try.
Just bought it yesterday so I hope nothing is already physically wrong with the vehicle.

Hard to say. But if the Master Reset doesn't work, I would certainly contact the Dealer and let them take care of it for you

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Your the man! That was the fix!

Perfect.. Glad the Master Reset worked!!