Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 Nissan Quest that none of the interior lights…

I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 Nissan Quest that none of the interior lights (done, vanity) are working and after replacing the high pressure hose and the condenser on the a/c I still don't have cool air.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quest yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the fuses for the lights. BCM fuse is good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have had a shop fix the a/c twice and there has to still be a leak but I don't know where

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thoughts? Any suggestions? What the cost might be too fix this?

the light not working is cause by one or more of the light socket shorting out this is common unplug them all check all fuses then plug the light back in one by one the first light should work if not unplug it and plug in a different one when you get one to work plug the others in when the lights go out then you know that socket is the problem

the sockets cost about $30 each

as​ far the ac did you recharge the system correctly after you replace the hose ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yep. They recharged it twice. The cool air lasted about 1-2 days and then was gone again.

ok so if the system work and then stop there is a leak in the system that is causing this .they will have to find the leak and fix it then recharge the system again . the leak can be from any part of the system so it is hard to say what that will be . they need to add dye to the system so the leak can be found

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Is that the dye that causes the a/c leak machine to beep? I'm not sure what it is called but that's what they've been using to find the leaks so far. I'm worried the leak is behind the dashboard and can't be detected by that machine or the dye.

y​es when it detect a leak it will beep . do you have rear a/c ??

if the leak is behind the dash then they need to let the a/c system run and check the water that leak out for dye

if you have rear a/c ask them to check the line going to the back of the car very common for a leak to happen at the passenger side rear wheel area where the line go into the car

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im not sure where my a/c is. There could be some of it in the rear but I really don't know on that.

do you have a button on the control that say rear ?

it may be on the over light control panel

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I will definitely have them check there then. Thank you. I just keep seeing dollar signs when it comes to this vehicle and the a/c has already been costly and it's still not fixed
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is a button for rear control

no so check the rear lines where they go into the rear common area fro leaks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Will do. Thank you

your welcome please rate the service before you go thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech