Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No heat, on request. I checked the heater valve with the…

No heat, on request...

No heat, on request. I checked the heater valve with the motor running and it won't open. Hot hose on the e fine side, cold on the other side. No power going to the valve. I can't find any blow. Fuse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistant

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2008 nissan titan 5.6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, check fuses, all appear to be ok. Check the heater modulator in the blower box, it's ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

3/21/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The most common is that valve.. How did you check to see if the valve was getting power?

12 volt tester, while ignitition switch was on.

Also what color wires do you have to that Water Valve?

Did you operate the air controller from cold to hot to see if it gets power. Cause it supplies power then cuts power.

Green/almond striped, and solid almond.
I turned heater switch to max heat. No heat.
I pulled the cover off of the heater valve and all appears normal

So I pulled up the wiring diagram. Did you try to power the valve? Did you unplug the valve and use a volt meter into each pin to check power and ground?

What I used was a 12 volt tester. I connected it to a ground and used the needle point to probe the two wires.
Did i lose you.

Sorry.. I am here..

So you want to use a Volt Meter and unplug the water valve and probe the connector. Then turn the air controller all the way cold. Wait a min or so. Then turn the air controller all the way to HOT and see if you get any voltage. I don't think it's a full 12 volt circuit. But if you are getting voltage, then the Water Valve is your issue. If you are not getting any voltage, then you are going to want to check the Air Controller for your issue.

Where is the air controler

That is inside the cab of the truck what you turn to operate the air

Ill get back to you.

ok

Figured it out, the worm gear in thr heater valve had wormed its way out of position
Tks.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician