Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A 2012 NISSIAN MAXIMA MY TRACTION LIGHT COME ON AND…

I HAVE A 2012...

I HAVE A 2012 NISSIAN MAXIMA MY TRACTION LIGHT COME ON AND IT MAKES MY CAR DRIVE FUNNY SO WHEN CODE IT .IT WAS THE MAF SENSOR I CHANGE IT THE SENOR BUT IT HAS COME ON AGAIN

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?

IT HESITATION AND JERK AND IT WILL CUT OFF BUT I CAN START IT RIGHT BACK UP

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I REPLACE THE MAF SENSOR MY DAD IS A MECHANIC

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THATS ABOUT IT I HAVE CHANGE THE MAF SENSOR TWICE

3/21/2018
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what should I do

The traction control light, indicates the ABS control module has a fault. usually this is due to a wheel speed sensor failing, or the toothed ring on the end of a CV axle being cracked or I've seen them missing before. The ECM then believes the wheels are breaking loose and spinning and kills the power, Have you checked for codes in the ABS module and the traction control system yet? This codes are stored in a separate module than the ECM or engine computer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the only thing it keep reading is the MAF I REPLACE THAT TWICE AND THEN IT WILL GO AWAY FOR WHILE AND THEN COME BACK ON

Alright, give me just a few minutes on my end to look this over. I will respond asap. Thank you.

When you see the traction control light come on? Is is accompanied by the service engine soon light? Or is it just the traction control light that comes on? Your calling the traction control light the light that is in the top of this picture correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THEN THE ENGINE LIGHT COME ON

OK, I follow you, and the only code it ever sets is a mass air flow sensor code? No other codes for anything else? if the check engine light comes on usually it will set off the traction control light, that's normal.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE ONLY THING READING

Alright, TSB indicates there is a software update that fixes the mass air flow sensor code on this model Maxima. Since the vehicle is still relatively new I doubt there is any wiring harness issues and sense you've put two sensors on it, I doubt it's the sensor either. The software needs updating occasionally in the ECM and the TSB specifically states that your vehicle is affected by this update. I've included a link to the TSB that you can look at. The software update shouldn't be more than a minimum labor charge at a dealer and depending on the dealer it may be free as some give a free complimentary software upgrade. I believe this will fix your problem. Let us know if you have any further questions and please don't forget to rate the question with a star icon at the top of the page. Thank you!

http://automotrizenvideo.com/wp-content/sp-resources/forum-file-uploads/adrianramonparrilla/2014/03/P0101-MAF.pdf

Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Edward
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician