Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had to change the battery and the lights come on but it

Had to change the...

Had to change the battery and the lights come on but it won’t do anything but turn over, not crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Oh yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2014 pathfinders

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, car wouldn’t start for Wife at the school, battery was dead. Bought new battery and changed it out. Light come on and the engine turns over but won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a kill switch that has to be reset?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be hhelping you today

so you can hear the engine /starter working ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it turns over

is the service engine soon light on when trying to start ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does it look like an engine icon?

yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it’s on

do it stay on when the engine is cranking

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The battery light stays on though
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?

ok try this push the gas pedal down all the way let the engine crank until it stop two time then release the gas and push it down 1/2 way and crank again

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok tried that and didn’t work.

do you have a scan tool

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, I’m stuck in a school parking lot

ok try one more thing disconnect the battery cables both of them after you remove them form the battery hold them touching for one minute then reconnect and try to start

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

let me know . also did you have any problems installing the battery did anything spark at all ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, did that and tried to crank but didn’t work

did you have any problems at all when installing the battery did you get any sparks at all

yes to you had problems ? or sparks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Had sparks

at what point did this happen ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Put the positive cable on first and tightened then when I put the negative on it sparked slightly

ok that should be fine

i​ sthe key light on when the engine is cranking ? red light look like a car with a key inside

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the key light is on when cranking

is it red ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it’s red

t​hen there is a problem with the key some time when the battery go dead the ecm can lose the key program do you have a second key

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have both keys with us

is the engine fans running when the ignition in on ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it doesn’t sound like it

ok you will have to get a mobile key service to come out and reprogram the keys since the light is on when cranking there is a problem with the keys program it is ether that or tow the car to the dealer but there is nothing you can do in the parking lot to get this car to run with out the correct tools and a key programmer sorry to lay this on you but your stuck until you get the key guy out to the car

the computer thinks the car is been broken into it will not let you start the engine

do you have any more questions

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, thank you

y​our welcome please rat ethe service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, thank you apprec

your welcome please use the rating button at the top of the chat page as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks again

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank you sir

ok

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech