Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My ignition will not turn to lock, my battery is drained,

Customer Question
My ignition will not...

My ignition will not turn to lock, my battery is drained, can’t even jump it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

The key fine but will not tune it either.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Nissan?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself, just giggling the ignition

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/20/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 4 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** there is no battery power, then the ignition will NOT turn in the cylinder, have you tried charging the battery?

since I cannot turn my ignition to the lock position to turn everything off, the lights on the panel inside blink and it makes a strange sound.

that is caused by low voltage, what is the voltage at the battery?

The vehicle did not turn to the lock position yesterday while the battery was fully charged.

but it will not turn back if the battery is drained??? have you tried charging the battery?