Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I recently installed a new radio and it works fine but the…

Hi, I recently installed...

Hi, I recently installed a new radio and it works fine but the climate controls don't work and the fan runs on high constantly

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No, didn't look at that

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2017 Nissan frontier

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Wanted to see if it is something easy before I brought it to a mechanic. I have checked to 2 connectors on the back of the module and they are tight. I noticed a molded pocket on the back face of the module but it doesn't look like a male or female connector

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know, some of the lights go on but it doesn't respond to fan speed or temp dials

Waiting
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

HI MY NAME IS***** WILL BE HELPING YOU TODAY

did this start after you install the radio ??

it was fine before, the radio works fine but the climate control is non responsive with fan on high. There are 2 connectors on the back of the module which are tight and locked. There is a molded port on the back but it has no pins. Is there supposed to be a connector in this port?

let me check that for you give me a minute

do you have auto or manual control for the ac

manual

ok

do you have navi on the radio

Not the original radio.

yes but did the oem have navi

no it did not

have you check the fuses you may have just blown one ??

have not, I can do that. will it result in this type of issue?

check the fuses in the fuse box inside the glove box because it do not look like you can plug anything up incorrectly

there are two fuse that work the a/c in that box fuse 18 and 9

ok, I will look and see.

let me know

Will be a while. I'll send response when I know.

ok

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech