Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It has a ahigh pitch tone display says p[ark...but its in…

Customer Question
It has a ahigh...

It has a ahigh pitch tone display says p[ark...but its in park

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2011 altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have no clue what to do..my battrys going to die and my dome lights wont shut off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?

Nope i dont have one..thought id google

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just displaying an arrow that says park..with a high pitch noise continuous

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/20/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is most likely caused due to a bad park switch in the shifter. The shifter doesn't detect it's in park cause the switch has failed and that is why certain things have not shut down causing the noise you are hearing. I would have the shifter checked for your issue and replaced as needed.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please RATE me by clicking the STARS on top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!