Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No power to license lamps 2006 Nissan Murano can’t locate…

Customer Question
No power to license lamps...
No power to license lamps 2006 Nissan Murano can’t locate proper fuse
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/19/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

There is no fuse just for the Lic Plate lights. They are powered by the Tail lamp circuit. So if your tail lights work, but the lic plate lights do not and your not getting voltage, I would check the wiring going into to the hatch for your issue.

But I do what they call the tug test. So you want to grab the Red wire with the Blue stripe and give some tugs through out the routing of the harness in the hatch. If it pulls and breaks or you can pull the wire out, then just stretch it back to where it goes to locate the break in the wiring.

Do you have any more questions on this?