Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had a trailer hitch installed lately, and the installer…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I had...

Second opinion] I had a trailer hitch installed lately, and the installer told me that I needed to get a trailer taillight relay fuse. so could you advise me where it is , what it looks like and how much it will cost. Without it my trailer light will not work. Thankyou

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yes I have.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2017 Titan Sv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to know where the fuse is located and what it looks like

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this the correct relay part number 25230-79917

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
3/18/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

So if your 2017 Titan did not come with a tow hitch, they did not have some fuses or relays installed for the wiring for the tow to work. So when you have a hitch installed, they sell a sub harness to attach to the harness of the truck so the Tail lights, directionals, brake lights and so on work when the trailer is connected. So you would need to install a Trailer Tow Relay and maybe a few fuses in the fuse box under the hood.

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician