Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery dead and can not unlock the truck to open the hood…

Battery dead and can...

Battery dead and can not unlock the truck to open the hood ot charge the basttery

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Can not check the batter because can not open the doors on the truck to release the hood latch

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I can charge it if I can find a away to open the door

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Electric door lock and key will not unlock it

3/18/2018
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic, Mobile Elect., ARA Cert.

2004 Nissan what?
What Model?
2 or 4 door?

Don - Mo Lurch
pick up titan
3pac2222
3pac2222, nissan master auto tech
Phone call session started

You can call a Tow Truck Driver or Mobile Locksmith to come out & Unlock
OR
You should be able to "CAREFULLY" pull out on the top right corner of the Door Frame / Glass a little
Insert a wedge (rubber, wood, etc.) into the opening to hold it out
Then, insert a long stiff wire (metal coat hanger, etc) with a 45 degree bend on the end, into the opening & snag the "manual" Door LOCK / UNLOCK Button on the door to slide the button to Unlock.
This will take a little doing so you need to be patient, as it can be done

why the refund