Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

MY FRONTIER CREW CAB V-6,THAT I JUST PURCHASED LAST MONTH…

Customer Question
MY FRONTIER CREW CAB...

MY FRONTIER CREW CAB V-6,THAT I JUST PURCHASED LAST MONTH FROM A NEW CAR DEALER 67800 MI VERY CLEAN MUST B HIGHWAY MILES,THE TRANSMISSION JUST NOW WON'T SHIFT OUT OF 2ND GEAR. I ALSO HAVE A 2012 FRONTIER I PURCHASED NEW THAT ALSO HAS TRANNY ISSUES.IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM? AND IF SO SHOULD DEALER FIX IT AT LOW OR NO EXPENSE TO ME?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the level of your transmission fluid? Is it bright red, or is it dirty?

THERE APPEARS TO B NO DIP STICK. I SEE A 10MM BOLD HOLDING IT IN,SHOULD I REMOVE BOLT?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

TAKING IT TO NISSAN THIS WEEK BUT ME & SON ARE ABLE TO TURN A WRENCH.NEED TO KNOW IF THIS COMMON PROBLEM, THEN I WILL GO &CHECK WOULD B GREAT ,BUT BOOK SAYS NOT TO REMOVE?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
3/18/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 1 month ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today
it is common for the trans to go bad on this truck the radiators are really the cause of the problem they cause coolant to leak into the trans and after that they ares done. Yes you should remove the bolt from the dip stick and check the fluid with the car running. Also remove the cap from the coolant over flow bottle and look inside the bottle for milky coolant if it look like that you have a leaking radiator and will have to replace both the trans and radiator.
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech