Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ater getting gas in my 2013 rogue and driving a few miles,

Customer Question
Ater getting gas in...

Ater getting gas in my 2013 rogue and driving a few miles, the car started to make a winning noise. Then acted as if it wasn't getting any gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No it's not a gas hog and it starts good. After letting the car sit for a couple of hours it seems ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried a Lucas fuel injected cleaner, a pressurized fuel cleaner and also some heat

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We did drive the car almost out of gas until it was showing no miles and that's when these problems started

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/17/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 4 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

HI MY NAME IS***** WILL BE HELPING YOU TODAY

IS HE SERVICE ENGIEN SOON LIGHT ON ?

No I had the oil changed about 2 wks ago, but when the car acts lik e this the check engine light comes off and after letting it set it goes back off

AND THIS STARTED AFTER YOU GOT GAS CORRECT

YOU WILL NEED TO REMOVE SOME GAS FROM THE CAR AND CHECK IT YOU MAY HAVE BAD GAS

YOU WOULD HAVE TO REMOVE THE FUEL LINE AT THE ENGINE USE A CLEAR CANTAINER TO GET SOME FUEL BY CRANKIGN THE ENGINE OVER AND LOOK TO SEE IF THE FUEL IS FOGGY IF IT IS YOU WILL NEED TO DRIAN THE TANK AND CLEAN IT

IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTION PLEASE ASK IF NOT PLEASE RATE THE SERVICE THANKS

Will the heat that we added help with that
Will the heat help with that

NO I DO NOT THINK SO

IF THE GAS IS BAD NOTHING IS GOING TO FIX IT BUT NEW GAS

PLEASE RATE THE SERVICE IF YOU HAVE NO MORE QUESTIONS