Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lately when I am accelerating if I go to far on the peddle…

Customer Question
Lately when I am accelerating...
Lately when I am accelerating if I go to far on the peddle it will rev higher but not accelerate as fast as it reveing. Let off a little and it speeds up.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
3/17/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
If your vehicle has a manual transmission than the clutch is failing, possibly due to oil contamination from a leaking rear main seal or transmission input shaft seal.If your car is an automatic then I would check the transmission fluid but if it's full, then the transmission is just beginning to fail. I'm not with sure what year and model your Nissan is but if it's an automatic and this is happening you probably have a check engine light and fault codes for gear ratio being incorrect, indicating slippage.If you do have any fault codes please give me the fault code numbers after scanning with a scan tool.If I have answered your question to your satisfaction please don't forget to hit accept next to my name because that is the only way that I am compensated for my time.If you have any follow-up questions please don't hesitate to ask if you can ask them even after hitting accept.
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician