Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I smell like something burning when i turn on the heat or…

I smell like something...

I smell like something burning when i turn on the heat or air condition, from the outside i dont see anything leaking, i have a nissan murano 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Which hoses? and i get the smell after driving 20 minutes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im not a mechanic just looking into it my son just graduated from a mechanic course but he doesnt know whats wrong. i would like to have a possible idea of what the problem could be before i go to a shop and get robbed because im ignorant of the possible problems,

3/16/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Are you getting any smells from under the hood?

hi Dan what do you think the problem maybe. i havent taken it to nissan because they usually charge more than what i can afford,
i just paid $5 for a 7day trial, why are they charging me $26 if the trial period isnt over?

I'm really not sure, you can email***@******.*** for account questions. Would you like me to issue a refund?

no lets proceed i will settle the account later, i prefer the information on text because im not mechanic literate and forget the names of the parts quickly,

Do you smell any burning when smelling under the hood?

no my son didnt mention the smell when he lifted the hood,
hello you there Dan

It sounds like your blower motor is failing, this is a common sign. When they get worn out they pull too much amperage and can cause a burning smell, eventually they stop working. Next thing to do would be to remove the blower motor and smell it, if the smell seems to be coming from the blower motor then it would need to be replaced. This is something your son can probably do easy enough otherwise repair would be around $300 at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
i will have my son look into that area. Thank you very much,

No problem, I'm happy to help. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, you can reply back to this answer at any time without additional fees. THanks.

3pac2222
3pac2222, nissan master auto tech
Phone call session started