Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 rogue makes a loud squealing sound as well as a

metallic rattling sound and a...
my 2012 rogue makes a loud squealing sound as well as a metallic rattling sound and a metallic buzzing almost electric sound. Any ideas?
3/15/2018
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Can you pinpoint the area the noise is coming from?

It sounds like the front drivers side, but I cannot be positive. I wss told during an oil change that it wasn't the belts so that's really all I know

Does it do it all the time? Certain speeds? Parked?

When it started it seemed that it was only when accelerating. But now it's sometimes while driving but not only when accelerating. Never when parked or idling at a light.

Have you had the brakes checked?

Breaks are good. It's Definitley coming from under the hood. Sometimes I can feel a slight vibration in the gas pedal at the same time I hear the metallic sound

Is it under warranty? That sounds possibly like transmission issues...that's where the trans is and they are common to make noise before they fail

Crap. No, warranty was up last July. Anything I can to help it at this point?

Have my suspicion confirmed...but really nothing can be done to save it

Well thanks, ***** ***** lol. I'll get it checked out. I appreciate your help.

Best of luck hope you can rate my service 5 star

JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy