Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have problem the engine can't start it's 2003 Nissan

Customer Question
I have problem the...

I have problem the engine can't start it's 2003 Nissan altima I replaced the engine after 6 months now I have codes for the immobilizer

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

There fine I have battery booster on to it crank but no starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm I try to program the key or reset the immobilizer

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure about code number if he will need them

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/16/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 3 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

can you tell me the codes you have ?

P1610
P1614

ok that is a lock mode code commonly cause by the immu unit around the ignition you should replace that unit then have the keys reprogram

If I change the immu unit the key need to be programmed what about the EMC

yes the key will need to be program just that alone

A locksmith has to do it?
Or I can doit my self

yo​u need a lock smith

Well seems like it's not my solution

what you mean ?

r u there >?

The scanner tells the same thing

t​he scanner tell what did it tell you to replace the immu unit ?

that's the description of the code
I needed help to bypass the code or do something to start the car because it wasn't like that before
I removed the old engine

cant help with that sorry

Well I'm it's not helping
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

hmmm did you triple ck all wiring and grounds you may have left something disconnected what about fuses?

I did check all that already
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

I will try and help over the phone best way

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

do u need help?