Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Infiniti issue. 2011 G37 Infiniti. I replaced the engine A…

Customer Question
Infiniti issue Mechanic's Assistant:...

Infiniti issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2011 G37 Infiniti

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the engine A mechanic has replaced the engine but there is an issue with the start. It will not push to start. We are able to pour gas down the fuel line and manually start the vehicle but it wont start automatically

Mechanic's Assistant: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?

Tank was filled months ago It hasn't been running for months now

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Basically I have an engine replacement last week and the car is in the hands of a mechanic currently. They are looking at the car but unable to determine why the vehicle will not push-to start. I am not sure what could be causing the problem but it is a 2011 G37 Infiniti
3/15/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, i assume by not push starting that you mean it's an intelligent key model with push button start?

When you press the brake pedal and push start with the engine still crank?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is correct. An intelligent key model with push start button. Yes, the engine will still crank. The engine only has 18k on it. The mechanic said when they pour gas down the line and manually start/engage the engine, it will run.

Thanks, ***** ***** engine cranks or the ignition is in ON position does the immobilizer light stay on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not sure what the immobilizer light is?

red car with key light

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hmm, I will have to check with the mechanic. Are you thinking this could potentially be an intelligent key related issue?

I think it's one of two things.

it's either,

A. when they attached the flywheel it was not lined up

B. a key registration error. (which would have a NATS light or i-key error)

Checking back to see how you made out?
If you’ll need anything else let me know, if not be sure to leave a kind rating please.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician