Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

96 Nissan Pathfinder cranks like crazy won't start have

Customer Question
96 Nissan Pathfinder cranks...

96 Nissan Pathfinder cranks like crazy won't start have replaced the distributor plugs plug wires crankshaft sensor camshaft sensor and all other components having to do with emissions and getting plenty of fuel getting spark just no start security light indicator is not on the bulb is not burned out how do I bypass this or reset it

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

No light at all but the bulb is dead and the fuses are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

The security light bulb is good and the fuses are good not getting any light at all does not blank even tried changing out the security indicator component with one that I knew worked and still does not work in this particular 96 Nissan Pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just need to know how to reset the security system evidently because everything else is working I've been through the vehicle front to back top to bottom but if there's something I might have missed I sure like to know but I'm pretty positive it's the security system and I can't remember it's been too many years since I had to reset it or screw around with it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/15/2018
Nissan Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 3 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

Okay, so if you already checked the fuel pressure with a gauge and know you have a string blue spark at the plugs when cranking, then check engine compression for for possibly jumped time. Also be sure to check for power to the injectors with a noid light.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Please check all the things I told you to check and let me know what you find.

Plus, I never asked you for a phone call,the website for JA did.

Please remember to rate me 5 stars now and keep our link.