Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought a Nisson tetra 2006 with 176,000 miles I found oil…

Customer Question
I bought a Nisson...

I bought a Nisson tetra 2006 with 176,000 miles I found oil in the coolant. I don’t believe it’s from the transmission as it has a separate exterior cooler on it separate from the radiator could it be the oil getting in through a blown head gasket?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?

Yes and it’s a 4.0 engine. I’ve changed the oil pan which had a hole in it and I put a new seal gasket on oil chill ring and I put a new oil sensor and today I will put a new fuel sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Nissan?

Xterra*****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

The oil sensor the fuel sensor seal gasket behind the chill ring and swapping out the oil pan that has a leak in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It needs a new transmission as it’s not shifting and a seal between the engine and transmission

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/15/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 3 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

From the Factory, the transmission cooler is part of the Radiator. So if there is a external cooler, that means they were trying to eliminate the trans cooler in the radiator cause they are known to fail.

Does the engine run ok? Is there a Service Engine soon light on?

Did you buy it privately or from a dealer?