Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder and the alarm goes off

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder and the alarm goes off periodically. All the door sensors work.. I'm not sure what the problem is. This just recently started happening
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to... I haven't done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

there is tsb bulletin on the key ,click on link to view pdf file of tsb bulletin

Keyless Entry - Intelligent Key is Intermittently Inoperative

Classification:
EL14-053a

Reference:
NTB14-114a

Date:
October 30, 2015

INTELLIGENT KEY DOES NOT WORK INTERMITTENTLY

This bulletin has been amended. The APPLIED VINS & DATES section has been added. Please discard previous versions of this bulletin.

APPLIED 2013-2015 Altima Sedan (L33)VEHICLES: 2013-2015 Pathfinder (R52) 2014 Pathfinder Hybrid (R52) 2014-2015 Rogue (T32) 2015 Murano (Z52)APPLIED 2013-2014 Altima Sedan - ALLVINs & 2013-2014 Pathfinder - ALLDATES: 2014 Pathfinder Hybrid - ALL 2014 Rogue - ALL 2015 Altima Sedan - Built before:1N4(*)L3AP(*)FN 899372 // Aug. 18, 2015 1N4(*)L3AP(*)FC 493574 // Aug. 18, 2015 2015 Pathfinder - Built before: 5N1AR2M(**)FC 697059 // Aug. 17, 2015 2015 Rogue - Built before: 5N1AT2M(**)FC 916720 // Aug. 13, 2015 Vehicles beginning with "KNM" - ALL 2015 Murano - Built before: 5N1AZ2M(**)FN 257860 // Aug. 7, 2015

IF YOU CONFIRM

All "hands free" functions of the Intelligent Key (I-Key) do not work. For example, the doors will not lock or unlock when pressing either front door request switch.

NOTE:
^ The issue of all I-Key "hands free" functions not working may occur intermittently or all the time.

^ The message "No Key Detected" or similar may show on the Vehicle Information Display (located in the combination meter).

^ All I-Key remote button functions (door lock/unlock, etc.) WILL work normally when all I-Key "hands free" functions are NOT working.

ACTION

1.Inspect the I-Key's battery on its negative contact side.

If you do not mind me asking are you looking for the most possible causes and taking it to a repair shop or you are repairing it yourself and you need step by step instructions
Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Testing needed ,click on link to view testing procedure

this the symptom charts ,look at it and see what mat hes the condition of your vehicle

best will be to use Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you get the Faults Read ,post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it & we be Accurate

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The key fob works as it should. I don't think that's the problem. The alarm only goes off when I set it... Maybe every hour or so

we are limited to what we can do with out being scanned

but click on link to view wiring circuit diagram ,i highlighted the fuses and parts wants checked

let me know if you can view file

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can view it

check the fuses ,

check bcm pins for any burned marks .if all looks good

do this below procedure

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .
2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )
3- Wait 30 min
4- Close all doors and trunk
5- Reconnect Battery Positive First
6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door
Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock
7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

let me know