Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm leaking transmission fluid along on the right side of…

I'm leaking transmission fluid...

I'm leaking transmission fluid along on the right side of the pipe that runs between the axles

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you actually see the leak? And is the fluid itself bright red, or is it dirty?

I can see the leak and its red

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007 Nissan Armada

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Armada yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tried some fix leak fluid

3/15/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Stop leak fluids are generally not really very good and regarded by mechanics as snake oil. The ones for cooling systems are especially bad and destroy water pumps and stuff just for future reference.I need you to take a picture and post it up so that I can see what's going on, exactly where the tube or hose is leaking, and advise how to repair it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Alright see what I can do
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you need anything else
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just waiting on a response from you
Dan, Technician

It definitely looks like one of the lines are leaking but fluid is all over the places so it is hard to see where leak is coming from in picture. Have you been able to identify where the leak is actually coming from?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The right side of the pipe
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It does more when I start up the truck

Give me a minute to draw a diagram so you can tell me where leak is.

Here is a picture, what number are you referring to?

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z40ung8fz7a1hnb/tf.png?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4

#​4 couldn't possibly leak as that is the sway bar which has nothing to do with transmission, this is just the lowest point where transmission fluid is running and leaking from. The metal tubes "#2 and #3" in picture connect to rubber hoses, then the rubber hoses connect to bottom of radiator. One of these rubber hoses are probably leaking. I would recommend using brake cleaner and a rag to clean up all the fluid good then with a flashlight and vehicle running try to see what hose is leaking then replace hose as needed. This would be around a $200-$300 job at a shop. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay thanks

No problem, I'm happy to help. Thanks again and have a good night.

Dan, Technician