Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My rear light fuse was. I installed a new radio and like…

Customer Question
My rear light fuse...

My rear light fuse was blown. I installed a new radio and like that may have done it. Not sure but I have disconnected the radio until I can get in there and look at it. TY

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

I believe so. I didn't change anything except the radio. Which I did while the car was on, it was cold out lol.. I think that may have shorted out the fuse. But all the fuses are right as per the fuse box.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2002 altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I replaced the fuse and they work fine. My 3rd tail light is not working but I think the bulb is no good. I never paid any attention to it until now. But that wont work with the brakes or the tail lights so it must be the bulb. I bought the car used 2 months ago and most people wont change them because they are not easy.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really. I guess if your going to connect me to him I am more concerned with my idle being high. I have a code which I forget but its like a p501? From what I have read The car is not breathing right and the idle is at 1500 rpms and some times goes from 900 to 1900 in waves. SO I have to get it the intake and clean it out. Imsure that's going to be where the problem lies

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
3/14/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 1 month ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** you will be helping you today

is the code p0507 ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe that's it
Ok for that code all you have to do is het the cam program the idle learn program need to be relearn for this you will need the use of the top of the lone scan tool so you may wanna take it to a shop .
Of you have any more question please ask if not please rate the service before you go thanks
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago
eric remington

hello how may I assist you today?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m getting a 507 error code on my car and the last mechanic basically told me I just have to take it to the shop. From everything I read online this is something I can do on my own. It just has to do with the intake. Please let me know thank you
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

y​es get me the vin number there may be way to manually do this without a scanner get me vin number please

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

hello can I have vehicle id number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am sorry. I have been off my computer for a couple of days. The vin is
1N4AL11D02C279931. Again I am sorry. Thank you for your help truly
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

NO PROBLEM AT ALL I HAVE BEEN BUSY WITH OTHER CUSTOEMRS I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW THAT I AM HERE TO HELP ...THANK YOU FOR RESPONSE

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

I​T MAY BE A COINCIDENCE. SINCE YOU WERE WORKING ON THAT CIRCUIT CHANGING BULBS ETGC THAT MAY HAVE CAUSED IT JUST GET SOME FUSES LEAVE RADIO DISCONNECTED AND PROCEED CHANGING BULBS TILL THEY ALL WORK AND LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS FORM THERE.. HAVE A FEW SPARE FUSES JUST IN CASE..YOU MAY HAVE A WIRING OR SOCKET ISSUE CAUSING THIS

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

hello hows it going

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’ve hooked everything up and looking good but I still have the error after I reset it.
Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

I​ts the sensing switch replace that or live with it or disconnect it...its has too much internal resistance so it thinks there is a fault outside but its the actual unit itself that supposed to tell you that there is a problem...either that or there is a bulb out

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

c​k all lights including running lights tail lights stop lights tag lights brake lites backup lights headlights etc all of them ck if all work then replace disconnect or ignore the warning switch...Understand? Please rate me

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

Nissan Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 1 month ago

If you still need help you can still get it after rating

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington