Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It makes a whining noise when accelerating. I had a

Customer Question
It makes a whining...

It makes a whining noise when accelerating.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?

I had a diagnostic run on it today and it came back clean

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2013 altima v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mech took it for test drive around town and it didn't make a sound,.....but when I asked to take it on the hwy....the sound came up right away

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dealership wants me to bring it in and pay for another diagnostic . I am at about 48k and almost at my 5yr mark

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 4 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

this is most likely a trans problem it is most likely cause by the reduction gear bearing the trans will have to be remove from the car and disassemble to inspect the bearing and see if it can be repair or the trans will have to be replace

do you have any more questions ?

if​ not please rate the service before you go thanks.