Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car was running went inside came out i quiet now no fire…

Customer Question
Car was running went...

Car was running went inside came out i quiet now no fire from any of the coils but has fuel pressure. 2009 nissan versa 1.6l

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

277308km a month ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yep checked fuel pressure good crank sensor is reading on scanner

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No don't think

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Are any fault codes set on the scan tool at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

p0075 int/v trim v/cir-b1
p0447 evap system vent control open

If you clear out these codes do they come right back when you cycle the key back on or when cranking over the engine at all?

can't right now it is out side you can when i bring back in in a hr or so if that works

That sounds good.If you can let me know this will help.

Thanks Pete

came right back on those codes

O.k., the first code is one that could lead to an engine wiring harness fault.If there is a wiring harness fault this will cause no spark from coils but the code itself for the intake valve timing solenoid itself won't cause any spark issue same with the evap code.

Inspect the wiring harness running from the coils and see if any wiring is found shorted out or damaged in anyway needing to be repaired or replaced.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.Let's start with this first.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

thats what i was leaning towards but was hoping not to have to tear the wiring harness apart. will let u know

The only other thing I see since these codes set the same time the no spark from any coils has occurred is if the wiring is o.k. then I suspect the ECM ( engine computer ) has failed suddenly needing to be replaced.I have seen this occur before as well.

Thanks Pete

will the car need to be reprogrammed if i get a used computer for it if i have to go that root

Unfortunately, it will need to be reprogrammed by a dealer or repair facility that has access to programming in order for it to work in your vehicle.This has to be done with a new computer or a used one as the VIN has to be programmed into it as well as engine options.

Thanks Pete