Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Alarm sounds 30 seconds after car is locked...I pulled the…

Alarm sounds 30 seconds...

Alarm sounds 30 seconds after car is locked...I pulled the battery leads for a couple minutes to reset and that did not do the reset

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

110000, yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2001 nissan altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I fixed this problem a year ago but dod not remember how i did it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thaks

BTW I have no workable remote...just the key.
3/14/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When the Alarm is going off, which lights start to flash? The head lights OR the parking lights?

Good question but i believe the headlights
I could go out and try and get back to you in 15 minutes
Why not give me options and I'll give them a shot.

Yeah, need to know cause that could help me to help you better..

ok let me go do this and get back to you shortly...thanks!

ok..

OK Jay After brushinng off 8 inches of snow...I found out in fact it is the headlights

Thank you.. That is the factory alarm. To disable the factory alarm with out the remote, use the mechanical key in either the drivers door lock cylinder, passenger door lock cylinder or trunk and lock and unlock it and that will turn off the factory alarm..

Give that a try and let me know how you make out

will do...I'll get back to you in awhile...thanks

You got it..

OK so the first idea did not work...let me ask you something...this happened last year and I think I disconnected the battery overnight and that solved the prob...does that sound right?

That should not work. But your welcome to try it.

All lock cylinders have a tamper switch so when the key is turned, it turns off the alarm. So I have seen where these tamper switches pop off and can cause this. You tried both front doors and trunk with the key?

well the passenger side does not have a lock and the trunk only unlocks (locks auto when closed)

What do you mean the doors auto lock?

the trunk locks when it's shut

You tried the key in the trunk right?

but like i said you cannt lock the trunk with the key

Yes I know that.. So how handy are you? We may need to remove the drivers door panel to access the tamper switch.

Let me know

yeah ok..lol!...i guess I will try the battery disconnect first...I solved this problem last year but i tried so many things I can't remember wheich idea worked...Thanks for the help Jay!

Let me just share a image with you showing the tamper switch. So if that does not work, you can see what needs to be re-attached to the lock cylinder

I will give it a shot thanks for all your help!

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Thanks Jay

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician