Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 nissan rogue. Dash lights and tail lights are out. all…

2008 nissan rogue. Dash...

2008 nissan rogue. Dash lights and tail lights are out. all fuses are tested and good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Yep. everything checks out ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses. under dash and under hood.

3/14/2018
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you check fuse under the hood also? Did you check fuses with a test light?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
both boxes under hood and one under dash. Had to take off the air intake to access the boxes under the hood.

You don't have to remove the air intake. The fuse for the Tail lights is in the IPDM which is by the Battery. I am getting you a image of the fuse locations so we can double check. Do you have a Test light?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have test light. are you sending diagram?

Yes.. Just uploaded.. We want to turn the lights on and back probe these two fuses on both side of the fuse while install in the IPDM and see if both sides of the fuse are getting power..

those are the 2 fuse locations in the IPDM. Here is it's location to be sure you check the right area.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lj0scxcwtqh888o/1%20ipdm%20rouge.jpg?dl=0

Let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not at the car. I tested both sides of those fuses and they were good. I opened that box and turned it upside down to access the fuses and they were good

When will you be at the car to do some checks and double checks..

Let me know.

cause the next step if both those fuses are getting power on each side is the measure voltage out of the IPDM and see if it's sending power to the lighting circuit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't get to the car tonight, so I guess I'll just have to leave it go until tomorrow

That is fine. We can continue tomorrow.

to return back to this question tomorrow so we can continue, all you need to do is log back into JustAnswer.com and go to My Questions.

Or if you like, I can just give you the whole exterior lamp section from the factory service manual which has all the wiring diagrams and diagnostic steps you need if your handy and you feel you can follow all that.

Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that would be great!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl9o1tkkq2v0nqw/EXL.pdf?dl=0

That is the complete exterior lighting chapter from the factory service manual. That will have all the info you need.

Please download it as I do not keep this info in my Dropbox very long.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
you've been great!! Thanks!!

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician