Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I hav3. 2016 5.o Cummins with 8000 miles on it. I bought it…

Customer Question
I hav3. 2016 5.o...

I hav3. 2016 5.o Cummins with 8000 miles on it. I bought it last week, put about 1500 miles on it, no pullling. Using about 1/2 quart of oil and I see soot build up on bottom of block. How bad is this?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Nissan Titan XD sln oops, Nissan Titan sl package

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is a 4x4

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Nissan
3/14/2018
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

The amount of oil usage is within specs. It should decrease as the engine gets more miles on it and fully breaks in. The soot you are referring to is that black powdered or oily. If it's powdered then it may be an exhaust leak.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my response. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.You can still reply. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris