Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Nissan Armada LE 4WD. Mileage 134,200. I

I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Nissan Armada LE 4WD. Mileage 134,200. I believe I am in need of new shocks. I can hear the compressor running when I start it, but the car is coming down hard if I hit a pothole. There is no softness in the rear end. I would like to try and troubleshoot the system. I do use the car for towing but have not done so in the last 6 months. What should I be looking for?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Oh yes. Everything is fully functioning.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Armada yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a pretty handy husband, so I'd like to try to do it ourselves, but am not opposed to having a mechanic do it. At the moment, we have not done anything, but before I start ordering parts, I want to have a better idea of where the problem could be.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it.

3/14/2018
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Do you have any suspension malfunction lights on the dash?

No.

Does the suspension go down when you let the vehicle sit for a couple of hours or overnight?

No. The car remains level. there is no softness in the rear end if I hit a bump

Do you feel that on both sides on the back?

That I'm not completely sure of. I know my mother complained about the rough ride in the back and she was sitting on the passenger side 2nd. row. Painfully rough.

Since there is no malfunction lights taht means there is no suspension fault codes. The suspension stays on level that means there is no leak present. That means the shocks or stabilizers are worn.

Good to know. Now, are there special air shocks or can I use shocks like Bilstein (front) and Rancho (rear)?

Have to use air shocks if equipped with susupension.

That looks like the part number for a 2007 armada 4wd with tow package.

Ok. That's what I need to order. Thanks for all your help!!!

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh